Friday, June 12, 2009

Name Today: I got the morning and afternoon off today!

A friend of mine took Liam to Chuck-e-Cheese today! And Jack is down for a nap! I get the morning in quiet time! And Chris gets off work at 2 today and should be home by 3. It is so nice to know today is Friday and the house isn't horrible.

Quote:
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free. -Jacques Cousteau

Juju:
Cousteau said, "A lot of people attack the sea, I make love to it." I love the sea. Many of my childhood memories revolve around the sea. I was born in California and remember trips to the marina near my grandmothers house. We would ride the merry go round and get fruit sliced candy. We moved then to Oregon, to a small dairy town on the coast. I remember the beaches and drives up and down the coast line. I remember a Chinese restaurant near a bend in the road with the best egg noddle soup. I remember a story about a town that existed a long time ago that washed into the ocean. Taken back as some say. I also remember the trips to Hawaii. The smell of the salt, the warmth, the smell of honey suckle in the air. The way the water felt. So warm. My first visit to the Atlantic ocean. I was with my Dad, visiting where he grew up. It is very special to me. The waves always feel like calmness washing over me. I see myself as an old women living in a farm house near the sea. Where you can hear it and feel it every day. I think everyone should live that dream.

1 comment:

  1. Can I have a farm next door? I miss the ocean too, but if I were in So. Cal I would miss the rolling hills of farm land & the smell of cows! Good thing we can dream, we can have both!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete