Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today's Name: Mmmm good sleep and fun bowling

Last night I had a great time with my best friend Jai. We went bowling and fell over laughing, literally in her case! I had a really good time and it was needed! We always seem to have such a good time together.

Today's Quote:
Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. - Plato

Journal Juju:
What does it mean to "find the breath within the breath" in yoga, meditation, or just in general.
I try to do yoga on a regular basis. I find I am rushed most the time though and don't take the slow movement of breathing. I find I can only really focus on breathing and meditation when I am in nature. I think in a few weeks when I am down at the lake I will try doing yoga outside. With no one watching! It's so hard to find or take the time to exercise as much as I would like. I really want to learn to jog. That sentence doesn't really make the most sense because we all know how to run, or jog. We grow up running and playing. When does it become something we need to learn again? So much stigma comes with trying something new for me sometimes. How I will look, be judged, feel. It stops me from doing it. We will see if it changes.

Last night a brief conversation came up about guilt. Is it a good emotion or reaction to have? I think it is good when you feel guilty for something. In some ways. It is an emotional compass. However there are thing that I feel guilty for which I do not think are productive. About being a good wife or mother, about working or not working, about not doing enough sometimes. I am very judgmental of myself at times.

On another note a wonderful women who I had the honor of meeting several times passed away several weeks ago which is a very sad thing! Her name was Marion Lord and she was a women of grace and humor and wit. She will be greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment